Before you begin
In order to serve you efficiently, the Sudbury Catholic District School Board (SCDSB) will only accept complete applications using our secure online application system. Mailed, emailed, or faxed applications are no longer accepted. Incomplete or unpaid applications will not be processed.
Before you begin the online application process, please make sure you have collected all the necessary information and documents. You will need the applicant’s complete information and at least one parent’s complete information. This includes names, birthdates, addresses, etc. Required and recommended documents (see below) must be submitted as PDF or JPEG files only and less than 5MB each. If any document is larger than 5MB, it has been scanned at too high a resolution and must be rescanned at a lower resolution before beginning the application process.
The application fee is $250 CAD and is non-refundable. Please have a major credit card ready for the final page of the online application system.
In order to submit an application, the three documents listed below are required along with a picture of the student. If you do not upload these documents into the online application system, you cannot complete the application process. If you do not submit a complete application within ten (10) days, the partial application will be automatically deleted.
- Legal agreement. The parent(s) and student must sign our agreement. Before starting the application process, please complete the International Student Agreement, have it signed in ink, and scanned as a PDF or JPEG file only.
- Transcripts or report cards. You must have a record of grades for the last two years, translated into English, they must be in PDF or JPEG files only, and less than 5MB in size. You will only able to upload one document, so please ensure all pages of the records of grades are scanned as a single document.
- Letter of Recommendation. To be completed by a Teacher, Counselor, or Principal, must be translated into English and include an official school seal or stamp). Download the Letter of Recommendation, have it signed in ink, and scanned as a PDF or JPEG file only.
- Picture of the student, must be in JPEG and less than 5MB in size.
We recommend that you collect the following documents prior to applying. These documents assist us in making an admission decision should we require additional information. They must be submitted as single documents in PDF or JPEG files only and less than 5MB each.
- Passport photo page. Please scan the passport photo page of the applicant’s passport, if they have a passport already. This allows us to double-check the applicant’s information to ensure that all correspondence is correct.
- Student’s letter of intent. This letter is written by the student explaining their desire to come to Canada and study at the Sudbury Catholic District School Board (SCDSB). It should outline their past studies, their interests and hobbies, and their future goals. If this letter is longer than one page, make sure you scan all pages as a single document.
- Required Immunization. Please scan as a single document all immunization records relevant to the student’s medical history. If this letter is longer than one page, make sure you scan all pages as a single document.
- Custodianship Declaration. If the applicant will not be part of the homestay program, they must assign a custodian. This custodian must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident, over 25 years old, and must live full time in the Sudbury area. This is only if your student is not needing homestay.
- Other documents. If you have another document pertinent to admission, such as a student interview form, please submit it as a single document.